TAMPA, Fla., December 5, 2017 (Newswire.com) - When winter weather is in the air, it is time to be prepared for the dreaded cold and flu season. In the war against germs, the home is a major battleground that can make or break you. Luckily, there are things that can be done to reduce the chances of getting sick during this time of year.
Here are a few Do’s and Don'ts to help prevent germs from spreading as best you can throughout your home.
Do Wash Your Hands: Washing your hands frequently is one of the best way to prevent the spread of germs. Be sure to use soap and warm water for about 20 seconds. Singing the alphabet song in your head is a good way to ensure you wash your hands for the suggested amount of time.
Do Clean and Sanitize Shared Items: Door knobs, faucets, light switches, remote controls, computers, refrigerator handles, counter-tops and cell phones are just a few of the many shared surfaces that need to be disinfected and cleaned often during cold and flu season.
Do Develop Good Habits: Choose to sneeze in your elbow or a tissue (not your hands), keep your hands off your face and your mouth to avoid the spread of germs, get at least seven hours of sleep at night and practice healthy eating habits to improve your immune system.
- Do Use a Dehumidifier: Although using a dehumidifier won’t prevent you from catching a cold or flu, it can help create a more comfortable, less-humid environment in the home. When the moisture content of the air is too high, mold spores, dust mites and microscopic bacteria, viruses and fungi spread easily through the air. Use a dehumidifier to remove the moisture from the air that can harbor these health threats. The Eva-Dry 1100 Petite Dehumidifier is ideal for the job. Measuring just 6 inches long by 4 inches wide and 8 inches high, this unit will keep the air dry and fresh in an area up to 1,100 cubic feet.
A healthy home doesn't need to be completely germ-free, but it is important to be cautious during cold or and flu season. Eva-Dry is on the leading edge of dehumidification technology, with a wide variety of efficient and affordable products to help maintain ideal humidity levels in your home.
- Don’t drink or eat after others.
- Don’t share the same sheets, blankets and pillows.
- Don’t share bath or hand towels.
- Don’t eat sugary food or drink sugar-filled drinks.
- Don’t forget to drink lots and lots of water!
“A healthy home doesn't need to be completely germ-free, but it is important to be cautious during cold or and flu season,” said Eva-Dry Vice President Ken Judd. “Eva-Dry is on the leading edge of dehumidification technology, with a wide variety of efficient and affordable products to help maintain ideal humidity levels in your home.”
About Eva Dry Dehumidifiers
Since 2003, Eva-Dry compact dehumidifiers have earned their reputation as the safest, healthiest and most efficient method to reduce ambient moisture by providing a higher absorption rate than alternate disposable dehumidifying products. The compact, renewable Eva-Dry units reduce humidity to fight mold, moisture and mildew in homes, boats, RVs, safes and other valuable item storage. Visit http://www.eva-dry.com or call (877) 382-3790 for more information.